Lead Technical Artist (Unreal)
Share your skills and creativity with a large audience as our new Lead Technical Artist.
United might not ring a bell immediately until you see what we do. Take a look at our show reel.
United is operating internationally in the field of television and mulitmedia productions. We bring to you live productions in Sports, entertainment and events. Think of Championsleague football, RTL Boulevard, Expeditie Robinson/Survivor, het Journaal and U2 in concert.
Our graphical department BOOST Graphics runs a great variety of projects related to motion graphics, Live TV graphics, AR/VR and mixed reality. For these projects we handle the design, the development of automation, deployment and operation.
Who are we looking for
United is looking for an experienced Lead Technical Artist specialized in Unreal engine. You are an experienced technical artist with proven experience in leading an AR / VR team. We are looking for a team builder who is capable to transfer vision and knowledge in order to continuously increase the quality of our AR services. In addition you have thorough understanding of design and animation pipelines in general and of the content creation pipeline for UE4engine and related systems. Besides a high level of technical knowledge, you have well developed creative and visual instinct.
Role and responsibilities
You will lead the tech. artist team, which is part of a great graphical team creating and automating virtual interactive mixed reality experiences for television and online (corporate) productions. It is your job together with the AR team to smoothen the technical deployment and automation of designs into UE4 based Mixed Reality projects.
- Experience Creation – Create and lead the creation of interaction and functionality using e.g. Unreal's Blueprints system.
- Material Creation – Design and lead the process of designing complex materials in Unreal and instruct artists on best practices for material creation.
- Lighting - Be well versed in the various lighting techniques in Unreal and instruct the artists in lighting best practices.
- Optimization - Optimize engine performance with the help of diagnostic tools and instructing the designers on modelling and texturing best practices.
- Training – training colleagues in all relevant aspects of the job.
- Support and development – together with the team, develop and test new features, and provide useful feedback during R&D phases.
- Senior experience working with Unreal Engine.
- Highly experienced with Unreal's Blueprints system.
- Experience with 3dsMax, Maya and Blender.
- Highly experienced in use of light, shadow, color and form in both geometry and texturing.
- Comfortable in a range of content creation software including Photoshop, Zbrush/Mudbox, Substance Painter.
- Experienced team leader
Additional Skills (not crucial)
- Experience with VR/AR authoring in Unreal
- Shader programming experience.
- Preferably Dutch speaking
- You live in The Netherlands (preferably in, or not too far from Hilversum); if you are not a Dutch citizen, you already have a work permit.
What can you expect
- You can start immediately at a dynamic and informal company which is part of a big international organization (Euromediagroup)
- Ambitious colleagues with whom you create and establish magnificent projects
- An inspiring workplace and –environment.
- A salary which meets market conformity.
Are you the person we are looking for?
Send us your resume and a short motivation. Send it to email@example.com referring to “Vacature Team Lead Technical Artist (Unreal)”.