Privacy Statement United B.V
United B.V. processes personal data. This statement contains clear and transparent information, answering the most frequent questions about data processing. Please find below a definition of the specific words we use in this privacy statement.
- Personal data: Data that provide information about you, directly or indirectly, such as your name and e-mail address.
- Processing: Anything that can be done with personal data, such as collecting, storing using and deleting your data from our records.
This privacy statement applies to the following websites of United B.V.
Under the Dutch Personal Data Protection Act (‘Wbp’) and as from 25 May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation (the Privacy Act) United is the so-called controller of the processing of personal data.
We store and use all personal data you provide in accordance with the requirements set by law. The data we may collect and process later include:
- Data you provide on the forms you fill out on one of United B.V.’s websites;
- Data you provide when uploading documents to one of United B.V.’s websites;
- Data you provide for job application purposes;
- Data you share with us on social media;
- Images of security cameras in our studio locations and Hilversum head office where our company is based.
Whose Personal Data Does United Process?
We process the personal data of persons with whom we have, want or have had a relationship, directly or indirectly, for instance:
- Customers and their representatives;
- Persons who are interested in our products and services; or
- Persons associated with a company or organisation with which we have, want or have had a relationship.
Use of Data
Data may be used for the following purposes:
- Analysis of statistics
- System tests, maintenance and development
- Customer relations
- Future transactions, for instance by identifying your needs and preferences
- Marketing; we can process your personal data for promotional or marketing purposes, for instance to inform you about new products in which you may be interested, or to better match our offer to your wishes. If you do not want to be contacted for commercial purposes, please let us know.
- Occasionally we engage third parties in the processing of personal data. For example a printer, who prints the names and addresses when we send out mailings to our customers. We can only engage third parties if this is in line with the purpose for which we have processed your personal data, such as promotional and marketing purposes. Moreover, third parties should be able to demonstrate that they have taken appropriate security measures and guarantee confidentiality.
- Job applications: we can share your personal data with the vacancy holder;
- Modification and improvement of the recruitment and selection process.
We do not collect more personal data than necessary for the above purposes.
How long do we keep your information?
Your Personal Data will be retained as long as needed for the purposes for which they have been collected. This includes retention of some Personal Data following the end of our relationship with you, for example to resolve any potential disputes and for ongoing or prospective legal proceedings, to maintain records of our services, and otherwise to comply with our legal obligations and to defend our legal rights.
How Does United B.V. Protect Your Personal Data?
- United B.V. processes your personal data properly and carefully, and in accordance with the law.
- United B.V. requires that you fill out the fields denoted by *. You do not have to fill out the other fields if you don’t want to.
- United B.V. will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against loss or any form of unauthorized processing.
- United B.V. will delete your personal data from its database immediately on your request, and at any rate within one year after the job application procedure has ended.
What are your rights?
You can exercise any of your data subject rights. Under the data protection laws and regulations, you have right to:
- Access: you have the right to know whether we hold personal data about you. Obtain a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you, together with other information about how we process it;
- Rectification: you can request rectification of inaccurate data.
- Erasure: you can request erasure of your Personal Data
- Restriction: you have a right to ask us to restrict our use of your Personal Data in some circumstances, for example while we investigate a complaint that the data we hold about you is inaccurate
- Portability: you have the right to receive a copy or have a copy transmitted to another company (in a machine-readable format) of Personal Data which you have provided to us
- Objection: you can object to the use of your personal data for some purposes (e.g. direct marketing purposes)
You can also withdraw any consent which you have given relating to use of your data, at any time and the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you feel like your rights have been violated.
What Happens to Your Job Application?
When you apply for a job at United B.V. you agree that your personal data will be processed and included in our database. We will not share your data with third parties unless we are required to do so by law. We will treat your data confidentially and use them for recruitment and selection purposes only. We retain the personal data of job applicants for one year maximum after the end of an application procedure and use these data only to inform applicants of suitable vacancies. We will delete your data immediately on your request.
Are You a Minor?
Minors applying for jobs, internships or events must have permission of their parents or legal guardian.
If your company or organisation forwards personal data of the staff to us, you are required to inform your staff. You could give them this privacy statement, so that they can see how we handle their personal data.
By using our website you consent to the collection and use of your data for the purposes described above.
Transfer Outside the EU
United B.V. does not provide personal data to parties outside the EU.
How Far Does United B.V.’s Responsibility Go?
This privacy statement only concerns personal data gathered through United B.V.’s websites. Those websites may contain links to third-party websites.
Social Media Plug-Ins
United B.V. does not accept any responsibility or liability for (the functionality and/or content) of third-party websites or services.
Questions, Comments or Complaints
If you have any questions, comments or complaints about the protection of your personal data or this statement, please contact us by e-mail: email@example.com
United B.V. reserves the right to make changes to this privacy statement.
Version 1.0 of September 2017